Good morning friends! January was forever wasn’t it?!?!? I have been MIA a little bit. I’m back!! I’ve been wanting to write this post for a while. The topic is GREEN BEAUTY BOXES!! YAY! It is so fun to get these boxes in the mail. You have the chance to try something new or a collection of things new. I have tried 4 different green beauty boxes. As a result I’ve had the chance to get my hands on some pretty incredible brands. Let’s get to the goods!
1) The Detox Market Box
About a year or so ago I signed up for The Detox Market Box. I had seen several green beauty boxes and never took the plunge mainly because for a lot of boxes you have to make a 2-3 month commitment. The Detox Market Box is a month to month box that you can skip or cancel at any time. I love this set up!! The price? Wait for it, is $55 a month which includes shipping! If you know that you want to subscribe for 3 months or 6 months you can prepay. But if you are like me and want to choose, then you can do month to month.
So the question now is what comes in the box?!?!? Each month the detox box features one brand. Included in the box is at the very least $90 of green beauty. It ships the first week of the month or when you order. Also you earn Detox Points when order a box. Win Win! Ok great so we have all the details down but now you want to know what have past boxes looked like right??
- December 2017 featured three Dr. Alkaitis products!! I love Dr. Alkaitis and this was a great box. Great to try new things and past favorites too. It was a $143 value.
- February 2018 featured a new to me brand…SkinOwl. There were three products that I really enjoyed a lot. It was a $115 value.
- May 2018 featured One Love Organics! You know I love my OLO. There were 2 products that I had never tried which was great! The box was a $133 value.
- July 2018 featured Osmia Organics! Yay!! This was a great way for me to get addicted to the Purely Simple Face Cream which I have reordered since then and the Nectal Vital Rose Drops. I have recently used my last few drops, cue crying!! This was a great value of $158.
- August Box featured Vapour Organic Beauty. I am a fan of Vapour foundation so I was happy to try their multi-use stain and Velvet Lip Gloss. The box featured 3 products at a value of $111.
- October 2018 featured Innersense!!! This box featured not 3 products but 5!! What an amazing value of $132.
- November 2018 featured Odacite. What a great box!! It included 3 products which I loved all of them. All-Embracing Serum, Crystal Contour Gua Sha and a travel size of Black Mint Cleanser. I hadn’t tried any of these but have really enjoyed all of them. A awesome value of $147.
- December 2018 featured Pai Skincare. Such a great way to end the year. The box included 2 full size products and 2 sample sizes. I had recently ordered the Camellia & Rose Cleanser and here came this box. Perfect timing! The value was $110.
- February 2019 features Fit Glow Beauty. I have been eying their mascara but didn’t take the $38 plunge! LOL! But with 2 other products for $55 it’s a win-win. The value of this box is $166. Grab it while it lasts.
So that’s it for a recap for the Detox Box! It is a great box for the well seasoned green beauty lover or the commitment-phobe (like me). An awesome bang for your buck!
Last year I received my first Boxwalla Beauty Box! Holy cow!! I was super impressed. This box is $49 (free shipping) every 2 months! Cancel or change at any time. Again no commitment. Yay!! What a line up of luxurious brands that have been featured! “A Beauty Box for the luxury loving skincare nerd, this box lets you experience the most effective and nutrient-rich beauty products we have experienced, exquisite products that harness the potency of plant-based ingredients. Always cruelty-free.”
- June 2018 Mosaic Box featured two FULL SIZE products from MOSS Skincare. Talk about luxury!! MOSS specializes in healing complicated skin types and adult acne naturally, teaching radical self-care and uses Ayurvedic and holistic medicine to reveal an inner glow and maximize outer beauty. The box included the Beurre Céleste Honey Antioxidant Infusion Recovery Mask in Cleansing Balm ($70) and the Illumina Vitamin C Perfecting Treatment Intensif ($145). Such a great value for an amazing brand!
- August 2018 Lean on Me Box featured African Botanics!! Just when I thought this box couldn’t get any better. Wowzer! This brand is an “eco-luxury skincare collection driven by ancient African phytochemistry and rich botanical pharmacology.” Lux to the max. This box included their cult favorite, Fleurs D’Afrique Intensive Recovery Face Oil ($250). Say what now?!?! I’ll repeat this again, the box is $49!! You can’t beat it. I can’t say that I would have jumped on buying a $250 face oil but when I saw that it was going to be featured in the Boxwalla I was beyond excited.
- October 2018 The Intrepid Pattern of Plants featured another African Botanics product!!! Resurrection Cell Recovery Serum ($160) Another crazy value!!
- December 2018 Forest Bathing featuring the brand EarthWise Beauty. I had never heard of this brand so I was glad to try it. It included two FULL SIZE Resiliency Face Serum ($64) and Yasuni Face Balm ($110) both of which were created for acne prone skin.
- February 2019 Frangipani Fables and Black Rice Tales featured Siam Seas.
3) Clean Beauty Box
This is the box previously known as The Art of Organics. I had seen various bloggers talk about this box but didn’t try it out til this past spring. They have a box every other month. This is a change from a box every month. I like that it’s not every month because then products starts to build up and you can’t possible use everything at once. I would like if the subscription is month to month. You know I have commitment issues when it comes to subscriptions. LOL! But if you don’t mind, the subscription is for 2 or 6 months. 2 months is $83.90 and 6 months is $239.70. This box is similar to the Boxwalla in that the products selected are luxurious. Each month there is a new theme to the box. Pretty much all of the products I received I had never tried before. Founder Claire Molyneaux was so sweet to offer my readers a 10% discount off your first box subscription and store orders with code GREENGLAMGIRL10. Here is a little glimpse of the past few months and the boxes I recieved.
- April 2019 Balance featured Wabi Sabi Botanicals!! The Giver Illuminative Ritual Cleanser $60 value – full size and the Balancing Act Intensif Serum No. 2 $52 value – full size. I have really enjoyed The Giver oil cleanser. You can use it to remove makeup as well as a hydrating facial oil. The coffee smell alone will make you come back for more. This box had a $122.
- June 2019 Sacred Sky featured “two brands by one genius mastermind“, Moss (Modern.Organic.Sacred.Skincare) and Ambar (“sky” in Sanskrit). I have tried a couple of Moss products which I have really liked. In fact Moss was featured in a Boxwalla box before. So when I saw that I would be getting to try another Moss product I was excited. Potenci is an Intensive Dermal Repair Hydrating Emulsion. It did not disappoint. I’ve been using all summer and now and I love it. It’s so light but so hydrating! It was a full size at the value of $145. The Ambar product was their Micellar Cleansing Essence. This micellar water is great for traveling. It is a cleanser and toner in one. No need to rinse. I use it to remove stubborn eye makeup! It is a 2 ounce size for $29. So the total value of this box was $174!!
- August 2019 Pink Light featured the new to me brand Pink Light Botanicals. The smell of these two products are heavenly. The Crystal Facial Tonic is a facial oil that is rich in healing botanicals and antioxidants to boost healthy cellular renewal. It was a full size valued at $80. The Rose Petal Enzyme Masque is a wonderful brightening treatment that smells like roses!! It’s a gel masque that exfoliates, tones and evens your complexion. My skins feels so soft afterwards. This was a deluxe travel size valued at $40. The entire box value is $120! Another great box.
- October 2019 Transformative featured FlowerSpice Modern Apothecary and Henné Organics. Just in time for change of seasons. I can’t wait to try out FlowerSpice Instant Glow Calming Exfoliator ($98). The little card that each box comes with describing every product says it is “the perfect pre-event product when your skin needs an instant boost.” Bring on the glow!! Henné delivers on their Lip Serum ($45) that I’ve heard about for a while now. It smells like berries. No shock because it has ingredients like arctic cloudberry seed oil and lingonberry seed oil. The packaging is beautiful. Its in a black glass tube with a 24k gold plated rollerball. WHAT?!?! The “Rolls Royce of lip serums. This box is valued at $143
4) Petit Vour
I had heard about the Petit Vour Beauty Box a while ago but just started subscribing a of months ago. Don’t know what I was waiting for! You get some great products at such an affordable price. Again as with the other boxes, no commitment necessary, cancel at any time and it’s $18 a month for $45-$60 value!! What?!?!
A few brands that have been in the box have been Lily Lolo, 100% Percent Pure, Juice Beauty, Axiology, Clove + Hallow and True Moringa.
I like this box a lot. This is a perfect box for those who are new to green beauty and want to try a few things to help make the switch from conventional products. Also this is a great box for teenagers who want to start experimenting with clean makeup and skincare.
As a special thank you for being here Petit Vour is giving my readers 25% off your first box when you use the code FIRSTBOX. It is a great gift for your bestie, daughter or yourself. She will love it, I promise!
So that is it for my roundup of 4 green beauty boxes. There are other boxes out there but I haven’t tried them all. Now if you are asking what my favorite box would be it would depend on budget and if you are new to green beauty. If you are new I would go with the Petit Vour. If you are an OG green beauty lover and love all things lux then go for the Boxwalla or Clean Beauty Box. The Detox Box is a great box for your tried and true favorites. If you have tried any of these boxes or others let me know what you think in your comments below! As always thank you for being here! xoxo
If you liked this review of Green Beauty Boxes, check out other clean beauty products I love here.
*Some Affiliate links used. Opinions and thoughts are always my own!